A represtative from Inspecta-Homes (I thought it was a pretty clever name)went through the house with us yesterday and besides a few very minor issues the house recieved a clean bill of health!
We close tomorrow at 10am.
Tomorrow we will be home owners!
Tim contacted the moving company and we hope to be getting our stuff in the next few days. Until then we will be cleaning and getting organized. I can’t wait to get the boys in their own room, mostly I can’t wait to get Patrick out of ours! 🙂
As of tomorrow we will no longer be in house limbo. We will be able to settle down for a few years (5 for sure, maybe longer). Lucy will have a backyard to run in (and maybe even shed a few pounds of that “baby” weight she has put on). The boys will have lots of room to run too. And Tim and I will finally have a place we are proud to call home 🙂
We are still waiting for the bank that owns the house to finish signing all the papers. As soon as that happens we will do the home inspection. We are still hoping that we can close on Friday… it is getting less likely by the hour.
This morning Beth, the boys, Lucy and I went to IKEA. (We took Lucy because they needed to clean the room and would not do it while the “dog was in suite” so she had to sit in the car.) I have heard what a cool store IKEA was but never knew how incredible it truly was.
They have an area when you first come in to drop off your kids with professional sitters so they can play while you shop. Unfortunately, Michael wasn’t tall enough to go in (there were ball pits and other bigger kid toys)
Anyways, just thought I would update that there is no update. No closer yet no farther away. We are just killing time until we can move in. Can’t wait to officially make MN our home!
They accepted our bid!
Now we have to schedule the dewinterizer and go through the house with an inspector and the bank appraiser. If all goes well with them, the house is ours and we could possibly move in by next Friday!
I wrote the down payment check today… the biggest check I have ever written. Scary, but so very exciting!!!
The bid is in, we should hear in the next 13 days whether or not they (the bank who owes it) has accepted our offer. In the mean time they can accept other offers, but as of now we are the only offer.
Now more than ever, keep your fingers crossed!