Beth and I road triped sister style to Minot this weekend to drop off Lucy.
We were barely out of Cottage Grove before we had our first fight because we are sisters and that is how we role. We got over it and spent the rest of the drive gossiping, catching up and singing very very loudly. It was fun.
When we got to Minot we were greeted with a home cooked meal and a mini (very rainy, very cold) tour of some rock piles.
I took a few photos of the rock piles because I knew the boys would love to see them. Rocks and the machines that push them, doesn’t get any better than that in my boys’ book.
and my favorite:
Packing it twice…
We are hunkered down today fighting off the croup, ear infections, runny noses and gernal yuckiness. Also, we are packing.
If all goes to plan and the boys are feeling well enough tomorrow we will take off for Minot. We will make a pit stop in Grand Forks to drop off all the Shannon gifts and pick up Beth.
We are hoping to be in Minot by 7-8 o’clock. That is IF the boys feel up for it, the roads are good and there are no other unforeseen crisis.
Road Report looks good in ND and MN right now. We are forcasted for 20 degrees tomorrow, so hopefully that won’t change into blizzard over night!
Here is the most recent plan. There is a very likely chance that things will change again, but for now this is what is going on:
We have to be out of the apartment by Feb 16th. This is due to the Landlord taking advantage of us yet again. Long story short; We told him we would be moving out by Feb 25th, but it could be as soon as Feb. 16th and we would let him know as soon as we knew what date we were moving. He decided to ignore the later date and rent out the apartment for the 16th.
Movers are coming Feb 14th to pack us up and then again on the 15th to load all the stuff and put into storage (because we have no place to live!)
On the 15th after Tim gets off work, we are heading to Grand Forks for Beth’s 21st Birthday Extravaganza! We will be there until Sunday where we will then caravan to Minot with my folks. The next day (Monday, Presidents Day) my mom will watch the boys and I will drive Tim to Bismarck (because the Corolla is there still) Drop him off at his hotel and pick Lucy up from the kennel, turn around and head back to Minot.
I will be in Minot with the boys and Lucy until the MN project is finally finalized and we can start bidding on a house (our fav. house is still on the market, keep crossing your fingers for us!)
I think that is it. Who knows, things could all change this afternoon. For now, those are the plans.
Last week the doctors office called and changed my induction date from October 12th to October 9th.
Tim took some vacation days last week and we headed to the cabin for a few days of R&R before the baby comes. We finished out our mini vacation in Grand Forks. We watched Beth do her thing at a UND Sioux Football game and spent some time with the Shannons. Our weekend ended on a bit of a sour note with the worst brunch ever.
Tim and I were excited to get both of Michael and Baby #2’s Grandparents (and of course Auntie Beth and Great Grandma Moo) together for a quick lunch before heading home. The quick lunch didn’t happen. We spent an hour and a half at the Village Inn waiting for breakfast. I could go on about how bad it was and the the long wait but the best way to sum it up is, we will not be eating there again.
Anyhoo… Baby is coming. Soon. I much more important things to do than to be writing posts. My list is growing longer by the day, it seems like every time we cross one thing off two more things are added. Baby’s aren’t they great 😉