- be a better wife
- be a better mom
- learn how to make buns like my Mom and Grandma
- cook healthier meals for my family
- finish all the to do lists that I start
- go to church every Sunday we are home
- join church choir
- officially become members of church
- be more patient
- make time for friends (more time than the random emails)
- take a family vacation just the 4 of us
- potty train Michael
- take more picturesÃ‚Â ; )
- post more pictures!
- get in good enough shape to keep up with 2 crazy toddler boys!
- be able to do 20 push ups on Dec. 31st (real not girly cheating ones)
- fold laundry as soon as it comes out of dryer (this may be my hardest one to achieve)
- update milestone pages for the boys
- keep my cell phone out of the boys’ sticky hands (I should be getting my replacement next week, it will still be the same number)
- borrow more books from the library instead of buying them
- master the art of making mashed potatoes
- befriend more neighbors
- find all matches to the socks in the “no match” laundry basket
- respond to emails more promptly (sorry Jess… I will be better!)
- read one of Tim’s favorite books and not tease him about the aliens in it
- walk Lucy more
- finish Tim’s quilt (almost done Tim… I mean it this time!)
- keep up with clipping coupons (I saved $42.38 last sunday on groceries alone!)
- finish Michael’s 1st year scrap book
- start and finish PJ’s first year scrap book
- blog more often!
I have got a lot to do… gotta go!
Happy New Year to all our faithful Blog followers, and to those of you who do not frequent the site, add it to your list of New Year resolutions!
We spent New Years Eve partying it up at home. Beth is here and she joined the festivities. Our evening consisted of a Jon and Kate Plus 8 marathon for me, Facebook and texting for Beth and video games for Tim. We did crack open a bottle of $4 champagne to ring in the New Year and was as about as festive as it got!
If you are wondering why Beth is here you, obviously were not part of our Christmas festivities. For those of you who missed out on the fun, let me paint a picture for you…
We were packed to the gills when leaving the Shannon’s house on the 26th to head to Minot for my side of the family who was patiently waiting to open gifts with us. Keep in mind I had already dropped off all the gifts to my side of the family earlier so we only had gifts from the Shannons and all our normal traveling gear. We opened gifts from my parents and Beth that evening and the boys got Beth and my old toddler couch and chair AND a bean bag (not to mention all the other gifts that were actually small enough to wrap!) After all those gifts we still had to make the rounds to the Grandparents and the Aunts and Uncles. When it finally came time to pack up the 4Runner and head home we didn’t fit. I don’t know what pushed us over the edge the giant giraffe tent (from the Christensens), the toddler living room set, or all the little stuff added up! Needless to say we needed another vehicle. Beth was kind enough to follow us down with the rest of the Christmas loot.
Overall, it was a fantastic Christmas break. It went fast but I am ready to settle back into our normal routine. (at least until we move!)
Thanks again to our parents for hosting us (we know it isn’t easy and we come with a TON of stuff!) and to everyone else for all the great presents!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
*pictures coming soon