Nama and Papa (my parents) came down for a long weekend to celebrate a belated Michael birthday and an early birthday for Elise and I. The time flew by because we spent every minute of every day having fun. The kids and I are still exhausted!
Photos to come… maybe soon. Every time I walk down the stairs and plop myself in front of the computer I realize that I forgot to bring down the camera to dump pics. I am so burned out (read: lazy) that I don’t have the willpower to make myself walk back up the stairs to find that camera. That is how much fun, and how little sleep, I had this weekend! If I am too burned out to upload pics you can just imagine the amount of laundry that has piled up. Today gym and laundry and then if I have anything left after that, pics.
Does anyone else have weekends like we do where Monday is actually the day of relief from all the excitement and busy fun? Sometimes I relish waking up on Monday knowing that it isn’t weekend and we can just dive into our normal routine. Mondays are usually our easy day of the week. No OT, no play dates, no errands because we just milk and juice shopped over the weekend. Fridge is stocked, house is still clean. Mondays are good. Mondays are usually the easy day. Today will be different though because today is the first day of the boys’ soccer season. Everybody who prays, please think of us and send up a prayer at 6pm tonight. Actually make it 5:30. The chaos of getting ready for soccer may be more prayer worthy than the actual meet and greet of new friends and learning the sport of soccer!
So what I said about photos possibly being up later, yeah that isn’t going to happen.
Beth Facebooked me this message (and yes Facebooked, just like Googled, is now a real word):
what happened to the whole since Tim is home playing with kids, I’ll get up pictures. I don’t think you understand my impatience when it comes to waiting for pictures!!! 😉
- I made (and almost finished) 3 Halloween costumes
- I put on my hazmat gear and scrubbed the main floor (the boys literal pissing ground) from bottom to walls to sink to abode.
- I spray painted a bucket. Totally necessary. I will show you why later.
- Tim played flight simulator with the boys because the boys have new Batman pjs with a cape and they needed to test them out.
- Tim put a few magnetic finishing touches on the play kitchen
- I finished the play kitchen skirt.
- I sewed Miss Madi a body to match her head because the neighbor’s dogs ate her body
- Tim raked the leaves in the back yard.
- We ate every meal as a family.
- The boys had a garden party.
- Tim and I cleaned up after the trail of garden party dirt that was brought into the house
- went to farmers market for beef and produce
- went to Home Depot for spray paint
- bought supplies to fix the slashed couch at JoAnns
- Made a pot roast
- clipped coupons and went grocery shopping
- took loads of pics
- decorated pumpkins
- AND we managed to keep the kids alive.
I may not have pics up to prove all this yet, but I will soon. Be patient one more day. Right now just be happy that after a weekend of being productive there are still kids to take pics of – Tim and I were both feeling the NEED for a vacation (i.e. a break from the kids for their own safety) at multiple times this weekend. Productive weekends with the kids is a recipe for self prescribed muscle relaxers!
…you would rather see pictures of our boys than Heavy Metal Cellists from Finland.
Here (go to the end of the April ’08 page) are more pics
It’s been a hectic weekend. Starting out with one of our Tax rollouts at work, and ending with Meg’s Hoby obligations. Needless to say, we don’t have any pictures ready yet for uploading, but we do have lots of pictures waiting to be uploaded. Check back soon, and you should see them